Kingdom of Uisneach: The Prophecy

Dreams of battle. A king offering a crown. Longing for a faceless archer. From a quiet life in Maine, Briana Brennan, landscape designer and bookworm, is led into the woods and through a tree, where she emerges a savior of the mythic kingdom of Uisneach. She must begin the journey through a land terrorized by the evil Lord Shamwa. Guided by the stalwart Lord Marshall Sigel and the handsome young bard, Silas of Cedarmara and mentored by a forest crone and a shapeshifting crow, she must discover how to use the black medallions they wear to unlock the curse and rescue the king.

A magical map, mystical beings and a fantastic world all contribute something to the journey and to Briana’s growth as a woman, a warrior and a queen. Briana’s trek across Uisneach is a grand adventure that will hopefully bring her love and a happily ever after. Or will it?

Friday, October 27, 2017

Drum roll, please...

It has been an incredibly busy couple of months. It seems that in the book writing and publishing business you reach a point where things come together all at once and you need a few more sets of hands and another couple of hours in the day.
I am thrilled to be able to share The Prophecy book cover with you.  Damonza, the book designer I used, has done a brilliant job creating a cover that reflects an important theme in the book.  My husband says it is “mysterious” and offers a tantalizing hint of what the story is about. What do you think?
I have to say that Damonza was wonderful to work with and very patient with this newbies questions and probably over the top excitement with every phase of the process. I highly recommend them if you are looking for someone to design your book cover or format the interior. https://damonza.com/
I don’t mind sharing that the moment I opened the book cover and interior formatting, I cried. I have spent almost four years writing this book and have dreamed it for forty years before that! To see my story as a real book is an emotional experience, no less powerful than that of one who has reached the top of Everest. I’m sure seeing it on Amazon will be earth-shattering as well.
I also admit, there was a point last week that I told someone had I known how hard it would be to write and publish and book, I would never have started.  Truthfully, had I known then what I know now, it would have seemed too daunting.  But this week, with the bill paid and my Facebook page bearing The Prophecy banner, I am so glad I did. I’m glad I took the advice given to me to take things one step at a time and persevere through the challenges and lack of sleep.
Final steps- finish website (very soon), get reviews and PUBLISH! I plan to release in February (the month of love) so stay tuned!  Already working on the second book, The Runes of Evalon (working title) so best get back to work! 
Sláinte

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment